Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Empathetic Husband

Being unsure of my suspicion about my maid stealing petty things from the house, one day I decided to confirm it. I counted the number of 'samosas' (the small sized sukha samosas) in the 'dabba' and left it on the table. After the maid left, I went back to count them and not to my surprise the lady had done her job. Happy that I was not just a suspicious lady of the house always untrusting her servants, I decided to convey the revelations to my husband. Expecting his support in many words and a further strategic plan of action against the now confirmed culprit I took my husband to the scene of crime and narrated my 'sting operation'. Listening to my trickery with all empathy my husband picked up one of the samosas of the now few remianing and popping it into his mouth, saying "let me eat one before she steals all of them", went back to his "Tally"....whatever version he was working on!